Welcome to Maddie Dean Photography The Blog! We're glad that you're interested in us! However, we have moved!!! Please check us out by Clicking Here Be sure to bookmark the new page. We don't want you to miss out on any sneak peaks or specials!!! Look forward to seeing you at our new home!!!

-Sarah-





Monday, March 9, 2009

'My Life Monday'

A little late getting today's post up! I've been busy. I have several sessions to finish editing, 2 wedding albums to complete and a rediculious amount of personal pictures to edit. Did I mention that my hard drives are FULL? So add weeding and sorting to my to-do list. Of course, there are the routine house-hold chores as well. Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, litter box, potty-training accidents... the list can go on and on. Life sometimes can feel so overwhelming and no matter what, there is *always* going to be stuff to do. March 9 marks an empty day in my heart. On March 9, 2000, a very dear friend lost his life. I remember that day like it was just last week. I can still remember exactly where I was when I got the phone call. I remember dropping the phone and screaming. I remember my parents crying. Lane was my first "love", my first kiss and one of my best friends. It was the Friday that spring break began and it was our senior year. My life was never the same. So, in honor of Lane, I let all the chores go today. I didn't edit any sessions and I didn't even open the wedding albums. I played with my kids today. Aiden and I went outside and I let him paint! I bought him a blank 16x20 canvas and a whole bunch of paint. He borrowed one of daddy's work shirts and went to town. After he finished and fell asleep, I fixed myself a chimichanga for lunch and let a few tears fall thinking of Lane and his family (for those who knew him will, you understand my menu choice) I loved on my babies a little extra today for you never know the the Lord will bring them home. My prayers are with Wes, Cindy, Aspen & Abby today....

-Sarah-









6 comments:

  1. Awww... what a great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days are few and far between but our memories last forever. What a wonderful post. And super cute picture he made too! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe.. such sweet pics and a great post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The joy of fingerpainting, what fun. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I know that the 9th must have been a hard day for you. I’m so glad that you have those beautiful children around you that you can give extra loving to. LOVE the canvas painting by your son. He really got into it and enjoyed it it looked like.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* blog love!