Welcome to Maddie Dean Photography The Blog! We're glad that you're interested in us! However, we have moved!!! Please check us out by Clicking Here Be sure to bookmark the new page. We don't want you to miss out on any sneak peaks or specials!!! Look forward to seeing you at our new home!!!

-Sarah-





Monday, February 16, 2009

'My Life Monday'

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Weekend. Mine was pretty rotten, I woke up with a head cold and horrible migraine Saturday morning. Normally, I would have just crawled back into bed, but I was responsible for making 80 miniature pineapple upside-down cakes for a church dinner on Sunday, so no rest for the weary! I made 5 batches and couldn't take it any longer... My super-hero hubby stepped up to the plate and finished the remaining 48 cakes!!!



What is all of this??? The Ingredients:

10 sticks of butter
8 cans of pineapple rings
2 jars maraschino cherries
9 3/4 c. brown sugar
19 1/2 c. flour
13 c. sugar
4 1/3 c. shortening
9 3/4 c. milk
19 1/2 tsp baking powder
6 1/2 tsp salt
13 eggs
2 cans of whip cream
4 trips to the store

Yup, you see that right... only 6 at a time... It took 13 trips to the oven and 455 minutes to get the cakes finished!



I had excellent "help" If only the pictures showed the sticky sticky mess that followed Aiden all over the kitchen :)



Daddy snapped this at one point in the evening... I have such a great husband. I don't know many men that would strap on the apron and high heels and take over this job. Okay, maybe he didn't actually wear an apron and heels, but you get the point!




I envisioned this incredible shot with all 80 cakes, warm and gooey & ready to serve but it just didn't happen. Time & working space weren't on my side... plus my migraine was working against me! I'm pretty bummed about it since the cakes were quiet an under-taking, but alas, it is what it is. But don't worry, I'm thinking that I'll do just one. more. batch... blame it on the photographer in me :) I can't stand not having any product shot! But for now, these will have to do....






So, there ya have it... Another glimpse into my super-exciting life :)

-Sarah-

1 comment:

I *heart* blog love!