Welcome to Maddie Dean Photography The Blog! We're glad that you're interested in us! However, we have moved!!! Please check us out by Clicking Here Be sure to bookmark the new page. We don't want you to miss out on any sneak peaks or specials!!! Look forward to seeing you at our new home!!!

-Sarah-





Friday, February 13, 2009

A tase of photojournalism

In my dreams, I'm a world-famous photojournalist traveling all over viewing the world through my lens... both the beautiful and the tragic. Sadly, that is just a dream. In reality I'm a stay-at-home-mom with two young, demanding kids. Well, last night, for just a moment, I got to step into my dreams. I was headed to Mike's office to meet him for pizza (he was working on a project late last night!) and just before his office, I noticed a massive fireball and instantly knew what was there, Apartment. I got excited because I actually had my camera with me!! I pulled into the the Walgreens across the street only to realize that I *thought* I had my camera with me. I had intended to bring it, but just didn't get out the door with everything I wanted to :( Mike's office may only be 8 miles from the house. but it feels like an eternity with a billion stop lights between you and your beloved camera! I raced home and raced back but most of the fire was controlled by then. Kudos to the firefighters! I did manage to get a few shots and at one point, the front unit lit up again. My heart is heave for the 20 families that lost everything they own. No one was hurt last night, but several family pets were lost. It was torn down last night due to safely reasons, but I still wanted to drive by and see it again in daylight. I've watched many news reports about apartment fires, but have never been as close as last night - it effects you differently when you saw it, when you smelt it. My thoughts and prayers are with those families and I hope that yours will be too after you see these images.


-Sarah-

























The Day After....

I had some errands to run today and wanted to go back, even though the news reported that it would be torn down last night. I felt a tug on my heart to go before the store and I'm so glad that I did. I met a woman named Kay who was there taking pictures for her son and daughter-in-law. They are newly weds and lost everything. I met Kay once before during the Endeavour Shuttle Fly-by last month. She is an account exec for the Houston Chronicle (yah, I am crossing my fingers that someday she is able to get me published!). Anyway, my heart just breaks for her son and his wife. I cannot imagine how they must be feeling right now. I don't know what yet, but I know that God is pushing me to do something, anything. I'm still in prayer about it, but when the time comes, I am sure I will discuss it here. In the meantime, here is the scene earlier today....























2 comments:

I *heart* blog love!